Something different for you today…
I love quotes and as you know I have often used them in my posts; so I decided to do a 101 list of my favourite stock market and money quotes. You’ve probably heard of most of them but I’m sure you’ll enjoy…
1) Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells. ~J. Paul Getty
2) I hate weekends because there is no stock market. ~Rene Rivkin
3) Lack of money is the root of all evil. ~ George Bernard Shaw
4) Invest a few moments in thinking. It will pay good interest. ~ Author Unknown
5) Money can buy a house but not a home ~ Author Unknown
6) Investors have very short memories. ~Roman Abramovich
7) When I was young I used to think that money was the most important thing in life. Now that I am old, I know it is. Oscar Wilde
8) The investor’s chief problem – and even his worst enemy – is likely to be himself. ~ Benjamin Graham
9) One way to end up with $1 million is to start with $2 million and use technical analysis. ~Ralph Seger
10) Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1 ~ Warren Buffett
11) Buy the rumor and sell the news.
12) I don’t like money, actually, but it quiets my nerves.~ Joe Lewis
13) Economists have predicted 14 of the last 3 recessions
14) It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. ~ Warren Buffett
15) Endless money forms the sinews of war. ~ Cicero
16) Only the game can teach you the game. ~ Jesse Livermore.
17) He who borrows gets sorrows. ~ Turkish proverb
18) “If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians.~ Warren Buffet
19) Never spend your money before you have it. ~ Thomas Jefferson
20) The market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they’re smart.
21) Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. ~ Conrad Hilton
22) Winners never quit, and quitters never win.
23) A socialist is someone who has no money and wants to share it with everyone else.
24) Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. ~ Sam Ewing
25) Trade what you see not what you think.
26) There are two people in the stock market….one comes with the money the other with experience. At the end of the day the person with money goes with experience and the experienced goes with all the money.
27) Money can’t buy happiness, but neither can poverty. ~ Leo Rosten
28) One who expects miracles in share market should leave it immediately.
29) Losing comes of winning money. ~ Chinese proverb
30) Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ~ Jesse Livermore
31) If small money does not go out, big money will not come in. ~ Chinese proverb
32) A money worry isn’t a mortal wound. ~ French proverb
33) After a rich man gets rich, his next ambition is to get richer.
34) Looking for guaranteed tips? Search Beauty or Health pages.
35) A bear market is one that cannot rise even on good news.
36) You can’t go broke by taking a profit.
37) Cut your losses and let your profits run.
38) How much did you pay to be poorer today? ~ Graffiti in a women’s washroom.
39) It’s not money that brings happiness, it’s lots of money. ~ Russian proverb
40) Don’t marry your stocks.
41) Be rich to yourself and poor to your friends. ~ Juvenal
42) Remember this: When you are doing nothing, those speculators who feel they must trade day in and day out, are laying the foundation for your next venture. You will reap benefits from their mistakes. ~ Jesse Livermore
43) It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. ~ Kin Hubbard.
44) Money can’t buy happiness; it can, however, rent it.
45) It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong. ~ George Soros
46) The market does not beat them. They beat themselves, because though they have brains they cannot sit tight. ~ Jesse Livermore
47) The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. ~ Philip Fisher
48) Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway. ~ Warren Buffett.
49) Get what you can and keep what you have; that’s the way to get rich. ~ Scottish Proverb
50) Money is the best cosmetic. ~ International proverb
51) A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study. ~ Chinese Proverb
52) …sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make ~Donald Trump
53) If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars. J. Paul Getty
54) Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy. Groucho Marx
55) Sell in May and buy back in November
56) A bull market is one that can shake off bad news.
57) I just made a killing in the stock market — I shot my broker. ~ Henny Youngman
58) A bargain that remains a bargain is no bargain.
59) The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money. ~Author Unknown.
60) Business is the art of extracting money from another man’s pocket without resorting to violence. ~Max Amsterdam.
61) Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work. ~ Robert Orben.
62) An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin.
63) The stock market is always there. It has been there for centuries, and it lives longer than anyone of us here. Therefore, don’t rush and trade all your capital like there is no tomorrow.
64) If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy.
65) Money often costs too much. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
66) If you make money your god, it will plague you like the devil. ~Henry Fielding
67) Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money.
68) Gambling with cards or dice or stock is all one thing. It’s getting money without giving an equivalent for it. ~ Henry Ward Beecher.
69) The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.
70) If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. ~Aristotle Onassis
71) It’s as difficult to be rich without bragging as it is to be poor without complaining. ~ Chinese proverb.
72) Money is usually attracted, not pursued.
73) The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.
74) The worst enemy to any stock traders and investors are Greed, Fear, and unfounded Hope.
75) I am having an out of money experience. ~Author Unknown
76) Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won’t buy the wag of his tail.
77) I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute. Warren Buffett.
78) Money is nothing more than arrogance on paper. ~Hunter Brinkmeier
79) “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
80) You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
81) Money never starts an idea. It is always the idea that starts the money.
82) Money is much more exciting than anything it buys. ~Mignon McLaughlin.
83) It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction. Warren Buffett.
84) Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
85) There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side. ~ Jesse Livermore
86) Money will come when you are doing the right thing.
87) We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde
88) I don’t think the stock market has a clue yet.
89) If only one person were perfectly informed there could never be a general crisis. But the only perfectly informed person is God, and he does not play the stock market.
90) I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~ Thomas A. Edison
91) Don’t be so busy that you can’t make any money.
92) Money is a good servant, but a poor master. ~ Dominique Bouhours
93) Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time. ~ Margaret Bonnano.
94) Friendship is like money, easier made than kept. ~ Samuel Butler.
95) Many a pupil has gained more wealth than his master.
96) Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.
97) In the stock market you can win only if you’re ready to lose.
98) Practicing the Golden Rule is not a sacrifice; it is an investment.
99) Emotions are your worst enemy in the stock market.” -Don Hays.
100) Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” – Oscar Wilde.
101) It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer